Building Department Responsibilities
The Building Department is located on the 3rd floor of Borough Hall. The Department handles the following information:
- Issuance of building permits & certificates of occupancy are issued.
- Complaints from all multiple dwelling and commercial buildings
- Applications for the Planning Board & Zoning Board of Adjustment are accepted & reviewed
Functions of the Building Department
- Answer all Zoning Questions
- Collect Escrow Payments from Builders for all Board Applications and pay professionals for their review and reports for each application.
- Handle Property Maintenance Complaints for all multiple dwelling buildings & commercial buildings.
- Issue Building Permits for New Construction of Buildings and renovation of existing buildings
- Issue Certificate of Continued Occupancy on the resale of buildings, condos, and co-op units & rental of condos & co-ops
- Issue certificates of occupancy on all new construction
- Schedule inspections for all inspectors
To schedule an inspection, please contact Nicole Bellucci
- Building: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 12 PM - 3 PM
- Fire: Friday 10 AM-12 PM
- Plumbing: Tuesday & Thursday 7 AM-9 AM
- Certificate of Occupancy: Monday through Friday 10 AM - 11:30 AM
- State Housing: By Appointment Only
- Construction Official: By Appointment Only
- For any property maintenance issues, please get in touch with the Code Enforcement Department.
Fire Official/Code Enforcement Officer
(201) 943-3300 Ext. 256
Code Enforcement Officer
(201) 943-3300 Ext. 273