53 Grant Street
Fairview, NJ 07022
Monday through Friday 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Diane T. Testa
Vital Records can also be obtained through the State Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics at http://www.state.nj.us/health/vital/
* You can download the Application for a Certification or a certified copy of a Vital Record from here.
Obtaining Vital Records
Obtaining Birth, Marriage, Civil Union, Domestic Partnership or Death Certificates
Birth, Marriage, Civil Union, Domestic Partnership or Death Certificates are available from the Fairview Department of Health if any of the above mentioned events occurred in Fairview.
A State or local Registrar may issue a certified copy of a vital record only to persons who establish themselves as the subject of the vital record, the subject's parent, legal guardian or legal representative, spouse, child, grandchild or sibling, if of legal age, to a State or federal agency for official purposes, pursuant to court order or under other emergent circumstances as determined by the Commissioner.
The cost of all vital records is $15 per copy.
Payable by check or money order.
· Mail requests are also accepted (money order or check payments only).
· Two forms of I.D. are required for mail requests. Required information is the type of certificate being requested, full name of the person(s) on the certificate, the date of the event (birth, marriage or death).
· Father's name and Mother's maiden name are required for birth certificates.
Acceptable Forms of Identification
· A valid photo driver's license or photo non-driver's license.
· A valid driver's license without photo and an alternate form of ID with current address.
· Two alternate forms of ID with current address.
Applying for Marriage/Civil Union License in New Jersey
New Jersey Department of Health’s Application for License: Marriage, Remarriage, Civil Union or Reaffirmation of Civil Union
New Jersey Department of Health’s Same Sex Marriage Frequently Asked Questions
· Be at least 18 years of age.
Marriage Licenses are available to qualifying applicants of all gender compositions including applicants seeking licenses for same-gender or “same-sex” marriages and nonbinary applicants.
Where to Apply
· The Marriage/Civil Union License Application is to be made in the Borough in which either party resides.
· Appointment required with registrar before applying
Required Documents when Applying for Marriage/Civil Union License
· Proof of Identity such as Drivers’ License, Passport or State/Federal ID
· Proof of Residency
· Social Security Number
· Witness, 18 years of age or older
· *$28.00 Application Fee is now being waived for marriage license applications, effective July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023*Acceptable forms of payment are cash (exact amount only) or check or money order made to the Borough of Fairview.
After You Apply
· There is a 72-hour waiting period before the license is issued. There is no 72 hour waiting period for remarriage/reaffirmation of civil union, however you must bring a certified copy of existing marriage/civil union certificate.
· Certified copies can be obtained at the Borough of Fairview if event took place in the town.
· The marriage/civil union license application is valid for 6 months from date accepted, unless registrar has given prior approval to extend; maximum is one year
· Once license is issued, it is valid for 30 days from the date of issuance.